Located in the Laverton region, AngloGold Ashanti Australia’s Sunrise Dam is one of Western Australia’s premier gold operations. In late 2020 a new satellite open pit was approved (Golden Delicious) which will supplement the large-scale underground operation that employs more than 650 people and produces approximately 260,000 ounces of gold per annum. Ongoing investment in underground and regional exploration at Sunrise Dam has extended the mine life to 2031, with the opportunity for further extensions. Operating on an attractive 8/6 (or variant thereof) fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) roster, Sunrise Dam boasts excellent accommodation and facilities.
The mine exploration team at Sunrise Dam Gold Mine (SDGM) are seeking to employ a full-time exploration geologist to join the on-site team, FIFO from Perth. This role is integral to the continued excellence of SDGM. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse and energetic team, focused on the discovery of new gold deposits, the opportunity to experience working in a world-class gold deposit and one of Western Australia’s most complex gold deposits.
Accountable to the Senior Exploration Geologist, you will be part of a large, enthusiastic team of Exploration Geologists developing the knowledge of the ore body and expanding the resource base of the underground mine. The role will predominantly involve logging diamond drill core and managing the underground drill rigs (70% time allocation). Project work, which includes geological evaluation of the mine and seeking to improve business processes will account for the remaining 30% of the allocated time.
Why is now an exciting time to be applying for an underground mine geologist position at Sunrise Dam?
The key accountabilities of the role include:
The ideal candidate will possess:
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti’s values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a global mining organisation that values its employees and promotes a diverse and inclusive culture.
As well as offering a competitive remuneration package, challenging work and career development prospects we also offer all our permanent employees (and their direct family members) fully paid for private health cover, free annual flu vaccinations, professional memberships, paid parental leave.
We also have a number of active committees and programs that support our employees from a diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, and career development perspective.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.v