Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground, you will be responsible for carrying out development work and other mining tasks as directed by the Supervisor. This shall also ensure the shift operates in a safe and efficient manner complying with all the policies and procedures and meeting the set production targets.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and is fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) from Perth, drive-in, drive-out (DIDO) for local community residents.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
• Stability – Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life;
• 6% site allowance, quarterly bonus scheme and private health insurance allowance;
• Salary continuance scheme and life insurance;
• Virgin Velocity reward points;
• Continual training and the ability to expand your career;
• Salary Sacrifice options.
Duties of the role:
• Be organised and prepared to undertake all assigned tasks by the Supervisor;
• Handovers and technical support to be shown to the team;
• Demonstration of excellent housekeeping standards;
• Operate machines to achieve the required production levels;
• Ensure all pre-starts are completed and arrive fit for work for all rostered days;
• Report all activities accurately to Pitram including loading location and nature of the material.
You will have:
• You will have previous experience in underground hard rock techniques including level development and installation of ground support;
• Proven knowledge of charging, firing, bogging, and trucking of development headings;
• You will be team orientated;
• Have a sound understanding of machinery and care of mobile mechanical equipment;
• Valid drivers vehicle license and current Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights card.
Applications can be submitted by clicking the “Apply for job” button.
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.